We will guide your leaders and HR teams in ensuring that they are ready and able to deliver real value within the people pillar of the agile journey.
The greatest challenge that organisations will face in implementing and embedding agile will be in ensuring that outdated and misaligned HR strategies and tactics are totally overhauled to enable an agile people journey.
The Agile movement began in 2001 and has largely been an IT driven intervention but this is not sustainable.
They need to develop products/services that their customers desire and they need to decrease the time it takes to get these products/services delivered. The way that most organizations are achieving this is by becoming more agile
The traditional HR strategies, tactics, policies and practices are outdated and mainly transactional. The HR fraternity has an opportunity to become truly strategic though investigating, understanding and implementing an Agile HR and Talent framework.
HR’s Role in Agile Transformation
The changing dynamics with an Agile approach require Human Resources to re-examine the way they support and enable the organisation – many of these changes will require real paradigm shifts e.g.:
- Moving from a support department to an enabler of the Agile transformation roadmap in collaboration with executives
- Moving from being on the fringes of change and transformation to crafting and driving a culture and environment that enables agility
- Moving towards creating Agile competence and capability in the organization through attracting and retaining qualified Ailists
- Moving from focussing on individuals to focussing on teams
- Moving from attracting and retaining functional talent to attracting and retaining t-shaped talent
- Moving from hierachical, fixed organisation structures to team-based, networked and flexible organisation structures
- Moving from task-based role profiles to creating adaptable role desciptors that focus on Agile capabilities and cultural fit.
- Moving from a siloed skills framework to a cross-functional framework
- Moving from motivating mployees extrinsicallt to leaning more towards intrinsic motivators
- Moving from rewarding employees individually to reqarding teams
- Moving from annual individual performance appraisals to continous team-based feedback
- Moving from organisation driven career paths to employee driven career mosaics
- Moving from one-size-fits-all employee development plans to employee and team driven development paths that embed and sustain the transformation to Agile